Search my blog

Monday 17 October 2011

Day 11 post transplant – Some really good news

I’ve had a visit from my Doctor and his team this morning and I’m doing really well, when he asked me how I was feeling, I jokingly said I was going for a jog and he thought I might be telling the truth as I am doing so well, I wasn’t off course. This morning I woke up with a bit of pain in my back, but that is probably caused by the GCSF.

The good news is that I can now go out of my room for a wander around the hospital and stretch my legs and even go down to the canteen for a drink if I want. I’m going to take up one of the nurses suggestions here and surprise Charito later on when she arrives at the hospital, she wont be expecting me to meet her at the entrance as she hasn’t been told yet.

The other REALLY GOOD NEWS – If everything goes well, which there is no reason why not, I will be going home on Wednesday :) :)

I couldn’t have hoped for it to go any better. I will have to return to the hospital for monitoring every other day for the first couple of weeks, then drop off to twice a week. If I need just bloods or platelets they are going to try and arrange for me to attend Chester, rather than come all the way over to Liverpool. The sooner I get back to Chester the better for me as it is much closer. At the initial stages though I’m happier to come here as they aren’t used to monitor patients after the this type of transplant and they know my case better here with my Cyclosporine levels etc.

I’m having my anti-sickness pump removed tomorrow and today having it without any Dex in it, just to make sure I’m ok without and Dex and not sick, but I don’t think I will be ill as I haven’t been for a number of days yet.

I’m looking forward to going home Wednesday a really big YIPPEEE!

Thanks to everyone who has prayed and sent their love and Reiki support, I really appreciate all your thoughts x x x

1 comment:

  1. WOW well didn't you make that whole process look
    easy? You were certainly due to have something go smoothly for ya! Great to hear all this good news. I'm sure it will be so nice to be back home. :o)

    ReplyDelete