Search my blog

Friday 9 December 2011

Graft v Host

I thought I would show you a few pics of my hand with the GvHD. I couldn't show you both hands as my other hand was busy .... taking the picture of course.

I've moved rooms now to room 1. This room has a window, but further away from the toilet, has no mirror, but I have a constant dripping tap to listen too!

A had a nice surprise before. Jill the nurse I regurlarly see on the day ward twice a week came down to see me and gave me an invite to a christmas party for those that attend the day ward. Its only for patients and if we all turn up it will be a bit crowded in the smalll room. There will be mince pies and a christmas bingo. I might still be on the ward here by the time it arrives so I will pop off the ward and go up a few floors.

Thanks for all of the comments and messages over the last two weeks (doesn't time fly) again its good to know that I have the support and encouragement of others and that my blog is also helping those who are just going through the process.

Linda I read your blog this morning I hope EZ has caught the shingles at the early stages and start the treatment staight away I wouldn't wish the pain on anyone. I love the workshop by the way and the steps looked great.




5 comments:

  1. hay dad you hands look like old mans hands. wich is weierd as ur not old and ur hands normerly look like mine and im not old lol (24 i think)all tho my memery is pants but hay that runs in the famerly lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that is not as painful as it looks. I also hope that it means Nigel's cells are kicking the "dog doody" out of your MM. GVHD is
    a good sign when it comes to kicking MM butt.
    So aggravating to read about the bad service you get in the hospital. :o( Thanks Sean for updating about Paula. I've been checking her blog and facebook constantly and was worried. Hope you're feeling better and able to get home soon and enjoy the holidays. Prayers from Jersey going out to my UK friends as always!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. SEAN, JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW I AM THINKING OF YOU, SENDING YOU GOOD WISHES TO HEAL AND GET HOME ASAP; BUT WHILE YOU ARE IN HOSPITAL I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER EACH DAY. YOU ARE DOING AN AMAZING JOB KEEPING US UPDATED - GREATLY APPRECIATED. HUGS, KAREN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending good wishes, good intentions and Reiki for the GVHD... thanks for the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Sean and Karen for your thoughts and prayers as EZ battles shingles. He isn't terribly uncomfortable thanks to Oxycontin, Lyrica, Prednisone and Famvir! Hope your hands aren't too painful...the picture is helpful in educating us about GVHD. I will spare you a picture of EZ's shingles...get well soon!!

    ReplyDelete