Search my blog

Saturday 16 July 2011

The pain was too much

Today I tried going longer than usual without any pain killers.

I woke up early, about 5:30 in pain with my shingles, so I decided to take my usual two paracetamol and tramadol. I takes these normally every four hours so I was due to take more at 9:30. I managed to 11am which was very good. Normally I would take my first lot of tablets at about 8:30.

On a usual day I normally manage to get some sleep during the day as I’m just too tired to go through the whole day without some kind of rest. Today though we have been busy tidying up around the house and I never managed to get some sleep, even though I’ve been tired. So where I would normally manage to sleep through an hour or two of pain, this time I think I just made it worse. I tried to go till 6pm without any tablets. My plan was to then take another one at 10pm which would hopefully last me the night until I wake up again in pain. I can only take 8 tablets a day without it being classed as an overdose.

I managed to get to 5pm but I was in far too much pain to last another hour. So hopefully I can last as long as possible before taking the next lot, otherwise I will wake up in the night again and not get a good nights rest.

I tend to wake up in the night a couple of times with my feet aching at the moment more than I do the Shingle pain. I keep hoping that it is getting better even a little bit, I’m not convinced that it is though. I might have to revert back to the old pain killers that I used to use before I had myeloma. Now should I put a bottle of wine in the fridge for tomorrow Open-mouthed smile

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution By license.