Search my blog

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Just when I thought I wasn’t going to be sick

Yesterday (Tuesday) when I got up, I felt a little better. The pain in my legs wasn’t as bad and I managed to get a relatively good nights sleep, only waking up a couple of times.

I even managed to go to the post office to post a letter (woohoo). After lunch though which consisted of a noodles, I felt really tired again and had to have my usual mid afternoon sleep to recharge my batteries.

I was awoke though about an hour later with a sudden urge to throw-up. I managed to make it to the toilet in time, even though my aching legs and feet slowed me down somewhat, then I immediately upchucked the lunch I had.

This cycle I hadn’t been feeling sick, so it was a bit of a surprise, although I think I fooled myself into not expecting it. As I didn’t have my Velcade on Tuesday I thought everything would be ok and I didn’t take any anti-sickness yesterday.

The lesson learned here is that the doxorubicin still has an effect even a week later and it isn’t necessarily the Velcade that causes the sickness.

I hope today will be better, I certainly feel a bit better today and the pain has decreased  even more, although not gone completely in my feet.

I’m actually sitting at my computer at the moment with my feet being massaged by a shiatsu foot massager. I’ve started to use it for about 20 mins a day and it certainly makes my feet feel a lot better. Now all I need is an all over body massage …. any offers!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling somewhat better and as I am writing this, you are most likely sleeping. So I am going to do Reiki on you, in lieu of a full-body massage, while you are sleeping - I promise it won't hurt!! - and when you wake up on Thursday, I know you are going to be feeling ever MORE better!! ( ha ha!)

    ReplyDelete