Search my blog

Friday 10 December 2010

Back to work

I started back to work this week. Three morning, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8:45 to 1pm. Although I’m not getting involved in any of the management processes at the moment I have still found it very tiring. All of my body is aching and I have had to go to bed for a rest when I get home.

It’s not as if I have a labour intensive job, I sit at a desk and use a computer, but just sorting through files and going up and down stairs is enough to make me very tired. My concentration at the moment is definitely not what it used to be and I’m finding it difficult to recall all of the things that I used to be able to remember quite easily, such as log on details and web addresses. Maybe I have gone back too soon, but I wanted to try and do as much as I can as soon as I can. I’m not one to sit around and do nothing, I like to keep my brain and as much as possible my body active.

It’s been really good though to actually see people again and not be stuck at home, I have to keep reminding myself that I like the others are there to work and not just for general chat. It’s hard for me to sit there and let everyone else to the organising and arranging things. It’s been nearly a year since I was at work and staff have changed and responsibilities have changed along with the whole ethos of working environment. It’s like starting a new job all over again and getting used to the way things are and trying not to take control but let others do there job.

I’m back in again next week for 4 days and then 4 days leading up to Christmas. HR and I are going to re-evaluate it in the new year to see if I am able to return full time.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats - it is interesting though isn't it that sitting at 'work' (okay it's the back bedroom for me) is more tiring that sitting at home! :D

    ReplyDelete