Search my blog

Saturday 28 August 2010

Chemo – Transplant – New Day 2

First off I need to say happy birthday to Amy – Sorry I can’t come and see you for obvious reasons …. your away in a caravan …. oh and I’m a bit busy at the moment as well. Your card should be at home when you get back and sorry for waking you up this morning when you was trying to have a lie in.

Anyway … back to the important issue ME

Last night I was sick before going to get some sleep, not that I could because of the steroids you have pumped into you. So I was awake most of the night and for some reason all I could think about was work and planning what to do when I get back. Every time I nodded off my little pump would kick in that spurts out the ant sickness + additional stuff. For some strange reason in my tiny head I thought this was my alarm to get up for work! So every time it made a noise I swung my legs over the bed thinking I was getting up for work. …. I lost count of hour many times I did this.

I had a coffee at about 3am which was good for my fluid counts as I need to take in more than I am doing at the moment.

I managed to keep some cornflakes down this morning which was a good start, but when it came to lunch I though I would try the spaghetti hoops with some toast fingers. I was really hungry and was looking forward to eating them, they seemed to be going down OK at first, but then ….. up chuck they came. Into one of my regular cardboard up chuck bowls…. again in the usual process of walking to the loo so I could sit down as well just in case (as usual good job I did). When the nurse came I told her couldn’t eat it, but it did look like it came back up the way it went in if she wanted to recycle it …. (I don’t think she appreciated my sick sense of humour - no pun inteded )

For dinner I had ordered sausage and mash, which I ate a little bit of and managed to keep down; followed by two tubs of ice cream …. mmmm yummy!

I’ve drank plenty of water since and got my quota back up and hopefully get some sleep letter on as they gave me the steroids early this morning to see if that helps.

I haven’t seen many nursed today checking up on me as they have been very busy with the other patients and apparently I’m doing the best so far, although I have a funny feeling that might change next week when my blood counts fall.

On another point from Paul, I too wondered where I was supposed to stick that huge spike they gave me in my hand when they first wanted to take my temperature. I had to ask them where I was supposed to stick it, as I was used to have my temp taken in my ear. If I put this thing in my ear it would poke out of the other side without anything stopping it in between. Fortunately it went under my tongue so that wasn’t too bad, although I have had it under my arm as well – not during the temp measure though … that would be yucky!

3 comments:

  1. Dou you mean to make us feel sick along with you for sympathy Lol I'm sorry the sickness pills arn't working as they should,it's horrible being sick. I'm glad things seem to be working out though, I'm sure next week you will get through it with your same sense of humour. I take it that's a tougher week. I will be thinking of you and Maria too who must be very anxious for you. Get well soon that's what this is all about. Goodnight as it is here xx Carol J

    ReplyDelete
  2. GRACIAS DIOS, MUCHISIMAS GRACIAS PADREA MIO POR CUIDARLO AMY SEAN , GRACIAS PORTODO LO QUE HACES POR EL EL SE VA CURAR SI MY DIOS , SI
    DIOS TE AMA MUCHO Y TE VA CUIDAR MUCHO , EL ES EL TODO PODEDOROSO EL ES TODO PARA NOSTROS EL NOS AMA GRACIAS PADRE BENDITO , QUE DIOS SIEMPRE TE BENDIGUE , I LOVE YOU LOTS AND FOREVER . CHARITO , GRACIAS PAPITO LINDO DIOS POR QUE MY SEAN ESTA LLENGO BIEN MILLONES DEGRACIAS. TE AMO MUCHISIMO MY SEAN. CHARITO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you dad and thank you for my card love you loads xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete