Search my blog

Thursday 1 April 2010

Medical Trial For One Month

Spinach The hospital asked me to go in and see them today. They have been looking for someone assist in a new Cancer research program. When I was first diagnosed with Cancer I agreed to be notified of any medical trials that were available. I will try anything if it helps.

Anyway, they wanted to know if I would try this new diet regime that is currently being trialled in the the US with some success and currently undergoing research here in the UK. It isn’t something instead of my current treatment, but as part of it.

What is it? well it is basically a new diet. For one month they have asked me to eat nothing but Green Salads. Lots of Spinach and Cabbage (it might smell a bit in the house, for a number of reasons). Although eating only greens might sound a bit horrible, for me it doesn’t make much difference as I can’t really taste anything anyway. I can have cereal in the morning, but for lunch I can only have vegetable soup and for evening meal mainly boiled spinach. As I’m writing this it sounds really bad and bland, but if it helps it has got to be worth it. In the US they have been trialling this ‘Salad if Poorly’ diet for the last 18 months with other cancers and proven to reduce the risk of the Cancer spreading. They have also tried it as an Anti-Cancer Salad. People have been on the ‘Salad if Poorly’ diet even when they are not poorly to prevent the risk of getting cancer and although it can’t be conclusive the initial results are promising.

So starting tomorrow I will be on the ‘Salad If Poorly’ diet for 30 days. I will let you know how I get on.

3 comments:

  1. I've heard about that Sean, my Aunty is taking part too. Are you under doctor Dr Payola Foils?
    Becks x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best on it. You won't turn into the Incredible Hulk will you or Popeye. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree, I also read the green vegetables prevent has from having illness especially cancer and they are also good diet. So it absolutely recommendable for every to eat green salad to healthier. This is an impressive medical study, good job.

    ReplyDelete