Search my blog

Saturday, 24 March 2012

I thought I was doing OK

bw_rose_500_wideI had my bloods checked at Chester on Thursday and everything came back OK. In fact I was really pleased with my HB as it was 10.4, which surprised me as I was expecting it be low again. I wasn’t feeling tired, but I’ve had to had blood in the past as it was getting low even though I was feeling relatively OK.  The Dr examined my chest and gave me the all clear and said the pain I was feeling on my right side of my rib cage was probably a muscle related and to just keep taking the pain killers and see how I feel in a few more days.

So over the last couple of days I’ve been feeling really good with my energy levels being high. The good weather we’ve had has also contributed to feeling better, as I’m sure it does with everyone, a bit of sun makes us all feel good.

Yesterday, after picking Charito up from work at about 2:30 we had to pop into the post office and as it was a nice day and I was feeling good, we (OK I) decided that we should go into town and have a look around some shops. It’s been ages since I walked around town, several months in fact, so although it was tiring, I enjoyed the afternoon. We popped into Starbucks for a coffee and a cake, which is where I think things started to go wrong!

By the time we got home I was a bit exhausted and was out of breath talking to my brother on the phone but I just put that down to fact that I just put a light bulb up in the kitchen (maybe I shouldn’t have done that either).

We a had a curry for our evening meal, homemade, not from a take away, we normally have one a week. I couldn’t finish mine though as I wasn’t feeling too good. By the time I took my tablets at about 7pm I was feeling even worse. I decided to go upstairs for a lie down, but never got to bed because by the time I got to the top of the stairs I had to up-chuck (puke, sick, vomit, whatever you want to call it). So the tablets I’d just taken came back up. For those that are used to being sick, e.g. anyone who has had to go through a stem cell transplant will know that you get used to when you have fully up-chucked everything in your stomach. This was one of those times when I knew it wasn’t everything. I think the curry just didn’t want’ to come up, which is a good thing sort of, but for the rest of the night I still felt ill as though I was going to be sick again and my temp had started to climb. I don’t know why I am writing this as though it is in the past, as it’s now 5:45am and I’ve been up most of the night, if not all of it. I just can’t sleep.

I’m going to try and get some sleep during the day and hopefully feel a bit better later on.